Oooops, missed the noon bus but could catch the night one, yay!

Lima Travel Blog

ready to leave, just a small backpack this time
Recently I started to write some travel articles and this made me feel even closer to my Perucito. I'd love to keep on doing that while I'm away, but have to create new memories too. So, the idea of going somewhere was just great. I was working on the perfects dates to do it and finally found some time that suited both of us. It'd be for a weekend and in order to enjoy it as much as possible the plan was leaving Lima at noon, arriving in Huancayo around 7pm, overnight there and then go to Huancavelica!

Have to be honest, Huancavelica wasn't my idea. Huancavelica is a lovely small town in highlands, actually in the pourest department of the country and not touristy at all.
sorry baby, but I will be back soon
Usually people don't think about it as a travel destination, I was one of them but not anymore. Huancavelica was Nathan's idea. He's in love with highlands and going somewhere new and almost unexplored sounded perfect to him. Ok, I'm always ready to travel and don't care much about the destination, but the journey itself and this will be a wonderful experience.

So, I got ready to leave on Friday. Eventhough I was incredibly busy, I found time to finish a translation (for work), going to the gym, playing with Gunther - who wasn't that happy with the idea of me leaving - and even packing, pffff. The bus tickets were for 1:30pm and arrived in the bus station at 1, just on time. I didn't expect the traffic to be that heavy. Unfortunately Nathan didn't have luck and couldn't arrive on time. I was hoping he'd do so, but no way.
the ticket to Huancayo
The guy in charge of the departures even waited for us for about 10 minutes, but had to leave. He suggested me to go to Huancayo and wait for Nathan there, but I wasn't sure we'd be able to meet up later, so better stay in Lima.

20min later Nathan arrived. He was apologizing, but he didn't need to. It wasn't his fault and this will make our adventure more interesting. A small problem wouldn't ruin my weekend, no way! After walking around and check different bus companies, we bought tickets for a night bus and decided to go and have a delicious lunch. What would we eat? "Cebiche!" And to make things even better we went to a restaurant I have been wanting to try since a long time ago. It was delicious!!! So good, we missed the bus, hehe.

Finally we went back to the bus station, bus company name was Salazar! Like my last name, hahaha! Right after going inside, I raised up my hands and started to wave.
with Nathan
Nathan might have think I was crazy, but that's me, hehe. Well, I just saw a friend from University. I haven't seen her since we finished school, how awesome! But she wans't the only familiar face I found there. I also saw a cop who helped me at the police station recently. So good I remembered his name. I was hesitating about approaching, but decided to go for it. He recognized me too and reminded me to look for him if I ever need something from the police station again. Thanks, Sgt Quiroz!

It was already 11:30pm, time to leave. A 6 and 1/2 hrs bus ride was waiting for us. No problem, one of the good things of being small is that there's almost no problem fitting in the buses :P
Africancrab says:
Congratulations on the feature sweetheart. Nice blog and photos as always. You ready for down under?
yadilitta says:
Thanks for the congrats!!!!
bernard69 says:
congrats on your featured blog:)
Posted on: Jun 20, 2010
ready to leave, just a small backp…
ready to leave, just a small back…
with Pamelita!!!
with Pamelita!!!
at the bus station
at the bus station
Lima General Tips & Advice review
Empresa de Transportes Salazar
I usually travel with 2 bus companies, the most expensive ones because I'm always concerned about safety. This time and since there was any option lef… read entire review
Lima