San Francisco

San Francisco Travel Blog

San Francisco was one of the places I'd always wanted to visit, probably thanks to years of watching the television series "Charmed". It was exciting when we first got there even after such a long flight from New York. And when we got to where we staying we were even happier to find we were in the best location we could have wished for, at Fisherman's Wharf.

If I could repeat this part of the trip I would change three things. The first being I would visit Alcatraz. I'm not quite sure at the time why I didn't, something to do with "not being my kind of thing". The second I would have spent less money shopping at San Francisco. I thought I  had enough savings to last me the whole month travelling America, only to find that I spent almost half on clothes, jewellery, and other pretty pointless items in the many shops in the first few days which ultimately made me get into a massive amount of debt to my parents for the rest of the trip, but completely worth it.

China Town
And the third I would spend longer here- three nights was just not enough. We were forced to rush round for the whole time in order to make sure we saw everything we wanted to see and we were tired out by the end of the three days.

The most memorable part of the trip was when me and Hannah went to pick up the truck which we would be using for the next week to get to Las Vegas. I'd never driven in a different country before, particularly on the right side of the road AND the right side of the car. It was very strange and I struggled at first. We were left to our own devices by the car hire people when we got in the car and I couldnt even find the hand brake which turned out to be by my feet! As I came out of the car park I made an immediate left and stayed on the left side of the road but luckily there was nothing coming towards us. In concentrating on staying on the right side of the road I forgot what red traffic lights mean and nearly ran over some poor pedestrians trying to cross the road. Surprisingly we made it back to the hotel alive to the relief of Hannah and that was the start of a week full of memories driving to Las Vegas.

Alcatraz
A View of San Francisco
The shoe garden
The shoe garden
San Francisco Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Although theres many Cheesecake factories around the US, the one in San Francisco was my favourite. It is situated above Macy's department store and y… read entire review
San Francisco Sights & Attractions review
While in San Francisco, a viewing of the Golden Gate Bridge is a must-do obviously. But I recommend a trip at sunrise. We found out what time sunrise … read entire review