The Hilltop Villiage of Gordes

Gordes Travel Blog

Having dropped the food off at home, Earl celebrated mass and we headed for Gordes, perched on top of a hill. Gordes is considerably larger than Joucas and makes for some great photos.  We each had a nice “tart Provençal” in a cute little restaurant, then wandered around town where we stopped at a great little patisserie where we bought a peach tart to have for desert after dinner.   The mistral was even stronger here on the hill and funneled through the streets. Yikes!

In the meantime, I found that I had cell coverage so called Karl and invited them for dinner.  They were staying in a Relais et Chateaux on the edge of Joucas.  I was unsure how to direct them to the villa so as dinner approached, Earl and I drove up there to lead them back.  Of course, Karl insisted that we have a drink in the hotel bar before our return.

It’s always great to see Karl & Gisela and they brought along their new dog, Mona, as well.  The girls did a great job on dinner with groceries bought in Coustellet; chicken, green beans on a balsamic reduction ,new potatoes and, of course, the peach tart to finish.

Gordes