The Drive-in Winery in Ventenac

Ventenac-en-Minervois Travel Blog

Our original plan was to turn left when we reached the Canal du Midi but 2 separate people from Le Boat had suggested we turn right, go to just short of the 7 step lock at Béziers, take pictures of it, and return; a 7 hour round trip.  We started in that direction but after a half hour or so, changed our mind and turned around.  It seemed to us that we could get those pictures by driving there when we got the car on Saturday and put those 7 hours to better use.  My original plan was to stop for the night at Le Somail.  We could find no good place to tie up there and it was still early so headed to Ventanac where we tied up at in front of the Chateau at about 6:20.  Surprisingly since it was Sunday evening, The Chateau du Ventenac Minervois was open so we enjoyed a tasting and stocked up with 8 bottles of wine.  Helen and I wandered around town a bit and then I continued alone to “take my camera for a walk” since this is such a picturesque location.  The girls prepared chicken for dinner and we enjoyed it on deck.  Good friends, nice dinner, good wine, beautiful town, Norah Jones on the sound system; what a delightful evening!  It was almost 11 by the time we got to bed.
Ventenac-en-Minervois