AsiaJapanTokyo

Vaccinations!

Tokyo Travel Blog

I had a really hard time finding a place to get vaccinated in Tokyo.  Every place I asked gave me half answers as though they didn't know but wanted to help.  After some searching, phone calls and visiting shady clinics, I was recommended the Hibiya Clinic by a doctor who was going overseas.  Can't go wrong right?  Well, the clinic was so much more knowledgeable and convenient than any of the other clinics I called or visited I'm going to leave the details at the bottom.

Got a consultation for vaccination in preparation for the trip at the Hibiya Clinic located in the Ginza district of Tokyo, actually pretty close to the Imperial Palace and Hibiya park.  I spoke to George Okuda MD, who is very knowledgeable and will issue vaccination records in English!  Btw, the staff also speaks English, and the clinic stores a wide variety of vaccines both Japanese and foreign brands.  Very convenient if you want to start your vaccination here and continue elsewhere due to time constraints and vice versa.
In any case, the Hibiya Clinic is very welcoming, helpful and full of knowledge related to travel!

I haven't gotten any vaccination in over 10 years so I was recommended to get the following:
-Hep A

Hep B                                 2nd              3rd
Rabies           2nd               3rd
                     Typhoid
                     Tetanus

I also asked for some antibiotics and they gave me Cipro.  Not cheap but better than getting sick on a trek.
Vaccinations are not covered under the Japanese Healthcare plan...:(

Cost:
Consultation-2100yen
HepA-8400 yen
HepB-9000 yen
Verorab(rabies)-9800 yen
Cipro(antibiotics)-300yen a piece for 5 days, 4500 yen

total of 33,800 yen about 350USD~

Probably another 200USD for tetanus and typhoid... Will do a final tally after all the shots.
Still, better than getting sick and ruining the trip.  Can't pay for better health...I guess I'm paying right now...

If anyone needs any help while in Tokyo don't hesitate and contact me.  It sucks being in another country and trying to explain what's wrong with you and finding the right place to go.

Hibiya Clinic:
Monday to Friday 10:00 to 13:00, 14:30 to 19:00 no appointments necessary!
Saturday by appointment only 10:00 to 13:00