long day with payouts

Quepos Travel Blog

This morning we were woke up by a frantic Canadian girl- she was woke up by our honking cabbie around 6am. I was so drunk and tired that it tool me a while to grasp the situation. Once I realized what was going on I tried to wake up BK but he was sleeping like a rock. So I went out and told the cabbie the guys he was waiting for already left, but he wasn't buying it, thus more arguing in the parking lot and another payout- to get another guy out the parking lot. I gave him some money and he finally left, I went back to bed and figured we would catch a later bus.
When we woke up a number of the other guest were none to pleased by our late night/early morning hijinks. We said we were sorry and they understood. We caught the bus back to San Jose and it was not an enjoyable ride being so hung over.
leaving Vista Serena
When we got to San Jose we had to take a cab to a different bus station so we found a guy and rolled out. This was the beginning of a shakedown. Our cabbie seemed quite friendly and we were talking and tellling him about our trip and what else we had planned, including our next trip to Puerto Viejo. We thought he was helpful- he said we should go to an ATM as they were rare in Puerto Viejo, so we did, then he knew we had money. He knew we were on a tight schedule and what time the last bus out was leaving- so he knew too much. He proceded to overcharge us and we knew it and refused to pay, so he kept driving around in circles telling us our bus was gonna leave. We had to pay the fare because we only had minutes to spare before our bus left, when we did he dropped us at the station and we boarded in time. That was a lesson learned, never tell anybody to much info on your itenerary, we could have avoided the whole fiasco.
The bus ride to Puerto Viejo was long and dark with many delays. We eventually arrived in the dark and rain and followed a hobo to a hostel he was promoting. It was bed time after a long day.
the bus station in Quepos