Arrival In San Jose

San Jose Travel Blog

a courthouse, I think
We arrived to San Jose in the afternoon and it was time to get started. The only thing we knew we were going to do in the next week was find some beaches somewhere. We had booked a room at the Costa Rica Backpackers for one night only with the intention of hopping on a bus to somewhere in the morning, we would ask around and weigh that against our own research.  The cab ride from the airport was uneventful and I'm pretty sure we were not hustled so that's always good. Our hostel was a good place and we were able to meet up with other travelers and pick their brains and get some tips from the staff as well- our next stop would be Manuel Antonio. From what everyone was saying there seemed to be no way we could not go there.
With that settled we decided it was time to check out the nightlife in San Jose. We walked for a little bit and found an area that seemed pretty busy, we had asked the staff at the hostel for directions but the streets were winding every which way, so we figured this was good enough. We sat down at a restaurant/bar that had a patio right next to the street so you were up in the action and it was defiantly a hopping place. The table next to ours had some nice Costa Rican ladies at it and we eventually started talking to them, their English was much better then our Spanish. These ticas were pretty cool and could drink with the best of them, they introduced us to the shots of Cacique, that is some serious stuff indeed. We did many shots and drank  many beers with these girls and now they were saying the party was going to a club around the corner.
street outside the hostel
So it was time to cash out- the girls had cashed out already and were waiting for us to get our bill, our waiter was a goofball though and seemed to disappear when we asked for the check, then he returned without the check, and time went on. All the while our new lady friends are telling us to just leave- "it dont matter" they say. So we dipped out and went to the club- we figured the waiter had forgotten and wouldn't know the difference, we were too drunk. As we are standing in line to get in the nightclub I feel a hand on my shoulder- oh man, I thought we were going down- and its the waiter from the restaurant with the bill. He wasn't angry and all we had to do was pay him, I couldnt believe it, no trouble at all. So we finaly get in the club and it was a good time until the ladies we were with started getting intoit with some other girls at bar. Some of them got tossed out for being too drunk and disorderly I'd assume and by that time it was quite late and we were supposed to be catching a bus to Manuel Antonio tomarrow- it was time to roll out. We caught a cab and made it back to the hostel.
San Jose Hostels review
Nice place in the City
This was a great hostel to get your travels started at when you arrive in Costa Rica. A friend and I stayed here the first night we arrived and were a… read entire review
San Jose