another day, another ceremony :)

Beenleigh Travel Blog

with aunty

Although I went to bed almost at 1am, I woke up early - about 6am. First thing I thought was:Where am I?!?! I was surrounded by toys, hahaha. Then I remembered everything, hahaha. I turned back and fall asleep again. It was about 8am when I finally got up just to see aunty was cooking again! OMG! This sweet lady has been cooking all the time since I arrived here, my respects. I was still full from all the food last night and having breakfast wasn't even crossing my mind, but she was preparing some food for another ceremony: Hanuman's (Monkey god) one.

I would take part of this ceremony, but only as witness. Actually the women are allowed to be there, but not take part of it. This time I didn't wear a traditional outfit, but a dress I brought from Peru. I was feeling so colorful, hahaha.

praying
The ceremony was nice and it included praying at the altar and also another fire ceremony. My friend, his brother, his uncle and nephew were taking part of it. But they weren't the only ones, a few family friends joined them too.

Then we all shared the food they offered to the god and grabbed a bite. The day was awesome! It was so sunny and I finally could take a walk around the property, which was very big. It also included a farm. There was where all the fresh products came from, sweet! Aunty even gave us some veggies to take home, hehe. I felt as if I've done some shopping, haha. This place wasn't close to downtown, but it doesn't matter if you have all this peace in here.

It was very sunny and nice, the perfect day to play at the pool. Kids were doing so, I hope I've brought my swimsuit with me... next time I'll do so. I promised that to sweet Khushi :) I was hanging out with the family and friends until it was time for us to go to the train station and then back to Gold Coast.

Aunty gave me some Indian sweets for me and friends back at home, how sweet of her and told me to come back anytime I want to. Sure! Definitely I'd do so. I felt so greatful because of this experience and somehow feeling I have an Indian family now :)

Hanuman
fire ceremony
fire ceremony
sharing the blessed food
sharing the blessed food
Minigunther found a guinea pig!
Minigunther found a guinea pig!
the back yard