While the guys surfed, the girls went for a lovely walk @ Burleigh

Gold Coast Travel Blog

sunrise shots

Mmm, it has been a long night, but since it started early it finished early too. Anyway, I was surprised I woke up so early, not even 5am! What is wrong with me? Jet lag? Don't think so...  Nevermind, I went upstairs and saw all the mess, pfff. Well, I had some time to clean the things. Yes, it was still dark when I was there, but I was able to catch a beautiful sunrise!

It was about 8am when we left the house. We'd drive to Gold Coast. According the forecast, the surf would be ok but it would be a bit chilly for sunbathing... no problem I wouldn't be alone. Craig's friends are coming with us and while the boys would go surfing, the girls would hang out and go for a walk, yay!

First we stayed at the beach for a while, but it was a bit windy, plus we both were getting a bit sleepy, so it'd be better to take a walk.

me!
I've been here before, but never went to Bualeygh. What's that? Well, it's a forest next to the beach. Well, there you can do some mini trekking and enjoy gorgeous landscapes. Also the day was so beautiful.

It was so peaceful and nice there. We both were having a great time, just chatting about Peru, Australia, and also girly stuff - so good to be with a girl, yay! I told her I was planning to cook the next day since I was leaving next weekend. So sad we met so late, but I'd be living close, so there should be other opportunities to meet up.

It was amazing to have the beach next to the forest and next to a big avenue. That felt so surreal for me. This place was great and had different look outs. We took different paths and suddenly we noticed it was already almost 1pm.

so peaceful
OMG! Maybe the boys might have been looking for us! Let's hurry up!

We started to walk back to our parking spot, but didn't see them. We were expecting to find them soaking next to the cars, haha. Fortunately they haven't left the water yet, pffff. We arrived just on time, perfect timing! It was a great day, but we were starting to feel tired, so better driving back home since it was a 45min drive. I would be the copilot and wasn't allowed to fall asleep. Wow! That was difficult to achieve!

Finally we arrived home. I was thinking about taking a nap, but couldn't. Instead I reassumed downloading the pictures. I still had a lot to catch up, plus I also wanted to check the situtation with my future accommodation.

I didn't take a nap, but was tired and the idea of staying at home and chil out there sounded more than perfect. We didn't have much for lunch, preferred to save our appetite for dinner and had a delicious home made one. Well, it was getting late and I was falling asleep while watching a movie, so better go to bed. Next day would stay at home but would be busy... g'night!

time to clean, pfff
having coca tea!
having coca tea!
Gold Coast Sights & Attractions review
Awesome views in Surfers Paradise
Burleigh Heads is located between Coolangatta and Surfers Paradise. While most people think about it as a great surf destination, which it is, you sho… read entire review
Gold Coast