Visiting the Valley and having delicious Yum Cha!

Brisbane Travel Blog

at the Bradfield Bridge
Today Craig didn't have to go to work, instead we'd go to the city. We would meet up with one of his friends, then the 3 of us would go to check and outlet and finally we'd have a yummy lunch at the Valley or Chinatown.

We met around 10 and went to the Outlet, which was a disaster! Nothing interesting, grrr. Well, it was too early to go for lunch... Instead we walked a bit around, trying to kill some time until it was lunch time. It was a bit cloudy but not chilly and it was interesting to see a different part of the city.

It was finally time to go for lunch, hehe. I didn't understand very well when Craig told me we'd have "Yum Cha", but I didn't ask him what he was meaning. Then I realized he meant "Dim sum". The place was crowded, which is always a good sign, but we found a table right away.
hehe
Then we ordered some tea and got ready for the food.

The first cart came and we got 3 dim sum baskets, then another and another. I was feeling a bit guilty because I was eating so much. Specially considering the past days I've been eating very light, oh well, once wouldn't kill me, plus the dumplings were delicious and also the green beans salad. It was sweet and chilly. We'd try to cook that at home. I don't remember the names and recognized some of them, but didn't know the name we used in Lima either... just remind the delicious taste, yummy!

Food was delicious and we were pretty full. Andrew wanted to do some shopping in downtown and we'd join him. Walking a bit sounded perfect. Definitely needed some exercise, hehe. Didn't find what I was looking for, but we went to an Irish Pub for a drink, sweet! Well, now it was time to head back to Thorneside, chill out and get ready for Saturday: pisco night! We needed to buy a couple of things and found Kangaroo meat in the supermarket. Ok, we found what to have for dinner :P
dim sum
dim sum
our order
our order
tasty green beans salad
tasty green beans salad
Brisbane Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Tasty Dim Sum aka Yum Cha
When I was in Brisbane, my friend took me to this place for some Dim Sum. It was really tasty! The place is located at Fortitude Valley which is Ch… read entire review
Brisbane