Surrounded by ginger!!!

Yandina Travel Blog

haha, it sounded similar to my name, haha

Since the minute we first drove by, the ginger factory made it to my list of things to visit, hehe. Not sure why I was so excited about that. Yandina was mostly an industrial town, but the idea of getting a picture with a giant ginger bred man was so appealing. Yes, I know how childish :P

We left Eumundi markets and in our way back to Gold Coast we decided to stop at the Ginger Factory, if we could find it, hahaha. I'd make sure we'd do so! And we did! While we were getting closer the cookie smell was getting stronger and we noticed several cars. Yep! We arrived.

First of all you go through a big shop with lots of products on display. I wasn't aware you could do so many things out of ginger.

yay!
Impressive! Kate and Lalo wanted to buy some stuff, but I suggested them to do it in our way back, so they wouldn't have to carry anything while walking arround.

The ginger factory is like a small ginger town with it own train. We could have taken a tour, but it wasn't worth it. We preferred just to walk around and made it our own style. There was a small ginger museum, then another part where they told us the story of the ginger bread man, but the highlight for me were the 2 giant ginger bread. As soon as I saw them I got a huge smile and stood next to them to get pictures, haha. Mission accomplished. Looking at the pictures later, I noticed I'm as tan as them, lol. Does it make me a ginger bread woman?

But the ginger factory is not a factory itself. It has gorgeous gardens, a food court area and charming shops.

yep! the Mexican coffee was very good
We didn't eat at any restaurant, but tried samples of the fudges, macadamias and ginger products, yummy! After walking around for a while and took some pictures, we were ready to keep on moving. Now we'd go to Kate's chosen attraction. I was for ginger and she for pineapple, lol.

Before leaving the facilities, we stopped for souvenirs which include ginger beer and ginger bread cookies :) We were starting to drive when we decided to stop for some coffee. Did we really need extra caffeine, don't think so, but this place advertised fresh coffee from all over the world and it sounded to tempting. It was so funny when we approached to check the coffee beans available and saw Mexican one, hahaha. Ok, now we knew it was a MUST having Mexican coffee, since we were with a Mexican. Kumar was making fun than in orther to be real Mexican coffee, it should have some tequila, lol.

Now, we were reloaded and introduced the directions in the GPS :)

haha, it sounded similar to my nam…
haha, it sounded similar to my na…
yay!
yep! the Mexican coffee was very g…
yep! the Mexican coffee was very …
here comes the train
love a good cup of coffee
love a good cup of coffee
Yandina Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Finesta Arabica Coffee @ Pioneer Coffee Roastery
If you want to taste a good cup of real coffee while you are in the area, do not miss this place. The minute you open the door, you will smell the … read entire review
Yandina Sights & Attractions review
Gingerland @ Ginger Factory
In your way to the Sunshine Coast, you will pass the industrial town of Yandina. Yes, there's not much to do there except of visiting the Ginger Facto… read entire review
Yandina