Shopping and meeting up with a friend, it was a great day!

Brisbane Travel Blog

shopping results
Yep, definitely this was a great day, one of the days I like: shopping and hanging out with a friend, what a nice day, hahaha.
In the morning we went shopping to the Gold Coast, another outlet shopping center, cool! I ended up buying a top and really comfy boots, "walking on the sunshine" boots. It felt so good coming back home with bags, hehe.

We had a nice lunch at home and were chilling out there until Craig had to go to Spanish classes. He'd go to the city and I'd join him. No, I wouldn't go to his classes, but would meet a friend I haven't seen in ages. Well, we met back in Lima, while he was traveling around with a TB. Since then we've been in touch and when I posted I was coming to Brissy, he contacted me. He also moved recently to Brissy, so the city was sort of new for him too.
crossing Victoria Bridge
We met at Hungry Jack, which is the Aussie name for Burger King... weird...

We parked in Southbank and walked all the way to Downtown, but even though we arrived early. It was nice to be at the city during the night. It looked different with the lights and this time I had a guide I could ask about different buildings, plus somebody would take pics of me, hehe. We still had to wait a bit for Horace so we would take a short walk. We just started walking when I saw Horace! Yep! I recognized him immediately! Wow! It was so nice to meet up with him. Craig left for his classes and before going anywhere to eat, Horace wanted to show me his new place. It's awesome, the view is amazing!

What a surprise, I was getting hungry, hahaha. So let's go for dinner. Neither of us knew were to go.
with Horace
At the beginning I was thinking about a pub to have a drink, but while we were walking around we saw a really nice restaurant. Yes, it wasn't cheap, but we were cellebrating meeting after almost 3 years. Horace has been living in the States, Nepal and back to Australia. So, there were tons of things to talk about; furthermore he's new in the city, so we both were getting familiarized with his new home town and my temporary home town.

Dinner was delicious and the wine was great too! I think this was my 1st time having NZ wine and just loved it. And the food was very tasty too, plus the whole atmosphere of the restaurant was very neat! We could have been chatting for ages, but I had to go back to downtown in order to meet Craig. We didn't want to find heavy traffic in our way back to Thorneside. I had a lovely time with Horace and I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be the last time we meet. He's living in Brissy right now and I will be around for 1 year at least.
healthy lunch
my Barramundi
my Barramundi
Brisbane Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Great atmosphere, delicious food and very good service - Port Office
This restaurant is located in Brisbane's downtown. Outside it looks like an old building, but inside is very modern and chic. They have a bar area,… read entire review
Brisbane