Rainforest skywalk, delicious lunch and drinks with neighbours - what a nice Sunday!

Gold Coast Travel Blog

at the start

Back in Brisbane I met John who is also a TB. We have been in touch since then and agreed to meet up again when I was installed in my new city. So, we agreed to meet up on Sunday. He picked me up and then we drove to Mount Tamborine. I commented that with one of my neighbours and he told me that place was very nice. He's already visited it and liked it.

After 40min driving we arrived there. It was a small and charming town. There was a cute open market, but definitely the highlight was the rainforest skywalk. We drove straight there. It felt a bit chilly there, so good I brought a jacket or jumper with me.

walking on the sky!!!
The rainforest is so close to the beach, how amazing! Being surrounded by tall trees and a great scenery was priceless. Of course I brought Minigunther with me and people were smiling when saw I took pictures of him, hehe. John just said: "the travel pet".

Walking around was very nice. The day was perfect, sunny and not too warm. Thanks a lot for taking me here, John! I had a great time and really enjoyed the nature. The river, trees, vegetation, OMG! The only thing missing was watching animals, but I might be able to watch some at some other point.

Once we were ready we started to drive back home. It'd have been nice to stop at the charming market, but there were no parking spots free, wow! This was really popular. What did we do instead? Having lunch! hahaha. John remembered a place where he used to go some time ago.

:P
It was as popular as always. The place looked like a German restaurant in the Alps. Awesome! But what was the highlight of the place? At least for me? The huge but cute St. Bernard that gives its name to the restaurant. He was so big but looked like a giant stuffed toy. I couldn't help it to go and pet him. Awwww.

There were some tables outdoors, but they were crowded. Not a problem, we found a nice one indoors. In fact it was better since it might start to get a bit windy soon. Mmm, how classy, we'd have a glass of wine. It was a NZ white and tasted delicious. Also the food was very yummy. I had stuffed mushrooms and John got lamb. So good, but no room left for dessert, hahaha. In my way back home, we stopped at the shopping center so I could do some shopping for the week.

John dropped me off and started driving back to Brisbane.

hanging out with my neighbours
It was very nice to meet him and hopefully we'd meet up again soon. I was just chilling out at home without any plans when one of my neighbours called me. A few other guys were having some drinks at his place, nice! I had to be a good neighbour and meet everyone, hehehe. What a difficult job, but somebody has to do it, hehe! So far I've been meeting just guys, so meeting another girl was perfect! Needed some girl company. It's nice to be with boys who take care of you, but it's also nice to have some girl to chat and do girly stuff. Who else can I talk about nails and fashion? hahaha. That was the perfect end for the day. The original plan was to go to bed early, since tomorrow classes would begin. But it wouldn't be until 9am, plus the idea of going back to a serious life. Wait a sec! Me, serious life? no way! Study hard, but play harder ;)

yadilitta says:
Hi RJ!!! Yes, I´m enjoying it here. That will be so awesome to see you soon!!!! Keep in touch :)
Posted on: Aug 25, 2010
RJ82 says:
YADI! great to see you are enjoying my home town. see you soon maybe?
Posted on: Aug 25, 2010
nice view
nice view
Gold Coast Sights & Attractions review
Rainforest Skywalk @ Mt Tamborine
Located in the amazing rainforest, this is the perfect place for exploring the beautiful nature. Besides the wonderful vegetation and geography of … read entire review
Gold Coast Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Charming, with a great view and an awesome guardian - St. Bernards Hotel & Restaurant
If you go to Mt. Tamborine, instead of staying at one of the cafeterias nearby I'd suggest you to go a bit further away and look for this charming Bav… read entire review
Gold Coast