Packing for 1 year! What a Challenge :)

Lima Travel Blog

Mom, I can fit in your bag!!!

It was so nice to have good bye parties and meeting up with friends almost everyday, but it was time for me to get more serious and start thinking about what might have been one of the most difficult things I had to do: packing for 1 year!!!! A friend told me I should just think about the things I would wear during a week and that would be enough. Wrong! We are talking about a girl and we know there are never enough shoes, hahaha. Anyway, I had to do it and decide what pieces of clothing to take with me and which I should leave… wow! That wasn’t easy at all, but I did it!

One of the things I packed the first was my 2 bottles of Pisco, which I wrapped very carefully. Once I had an accident and a bottle didn't make it leaving an awful smell in my bag, ughhh. But Pisco wasn't the only thing I was taking with me. I had to pack Craig’s sublimes, the Peruvian chocolates he was craving for and was a special request. And also Dan’s coca tea. I would stay at Craig's in Australia - until starting school - and at Dan's in L.A. I was also taking with me boots. I know, it’s crazy, but I’m small and so my clothes, so I just stuffed the boots with shirts. I was maximizing the space ;)

Mom helped me while packing, but who wasn’t that happy and very intrigued was my baby… Gunther noticed something very strange was going on and almost jumped inside my bags twice, poor baby. I just wish there would be a way I could take him with me… He was sniffing the bags the whole time, grrrrr. I was flying with 2 airlines (Lan & Quantas) and both allowed me to take 2 suitcases 23kg each with me and I succeeded. I ended up with 2 big suitcases with my clothing and shoes, 20kg & 21kg, a 6kg carry on with some personal stuff and clothing I’d wear in L.A. during my 4 days layover, plus my backpack with my laptop, some papers, documents, camera and of course Minigunther ;)

So, paperwork was ready and also my luggage, now I just had to wait for the big day… how exciting!!!!

yadilitta says:
it wasn't easy... but I did it!
Posted on: Aug 02, 2010
PhinsAndGills says:
I wouldn't even know where to start if I had to pack for an entire year.
Posted on: Aug 02, 2010
Mom, I can fit in your bag!!!
this 2 suitcases should contain al…
this 2 suitcases should contain a…
pisco was very well wrapped