Leaving the big city behind, but will be back :)

Brisbane Travel Blog

time for a refreshing stop!

Finally mid semester holidays were here, yay! So bad I didn't make up my mind on time to find good flight tickets. Oh well, that didn't mean I'd stay bored at home. Although I almost stayed since I got sad news from home. My grandpa passed away, but my family and friends were encouraging me to grab my things and move. They all know how much I enjoy to travel and that would distract me. Ok, I would follow their advices.

This time would be my first time hanging out in Brissy with friends from uni and it turned to be I was the expert about the city, lol. We arrived there around 5 in the afternoon / evening. The plan was to overnight in the city and move to Sunshine Coast next morning. Wow! it was difficult to find a parking spot in the city.

ready for the adventure
After having been living for a couple of months in a small city, I have gotten a bit unused to this small inconveniences. But to be honest, I love cities! We found a parking spot and thought about having a drink while deciding our next move. Well, in order to go into a bar in Oz, you have to have your ID with you and one of us didn't... so while 2 of us were having a cup of coffee the Latin duo went to an Irish Pub, haha. We were having a refreshing beer, when another friend joined us. He told us Kate was outside having her coffee, so we had time to decide where to go next. I didn't mind staying in Brissy, but Lalo is not a big fan of cities and preferred to go to Noosa, also we were thinking about going to the beach for the sunrise which we wouldn't be able to do if we decided to overnight in the city.
Kumar, don't leave us! You have the keys!
Ok, we had a plan!

Met Kate outside and went to the parking lot. I called a hostel in Noosa and the girl told me there was availability but she couldn't make any reservations, so we just had to show up there hoping we'd find accommodation. Ok, let's give it a shot. The drive would be long, almost 2 hours, and it was starting to get dark. Better to get some supplies and leave ASAP so we wouldn't arrive too late to Noosa.

Kumar was an excellent driver and thanks to his lovely friend aka GPS we found our way without any problems. Just stopped a couple of times in our way. Once to get fuel for the car and for us (this kind of ful starts with b and ends with r, haha). The other one was for him to have a smoke. It was getting a bit cool, but even though the night looks wonderful. Yay! we are getting closer to Noosa!

tirsomaldonado says:
you are very lucky! i loooooooove Australia!!!! enjoy it!
Posted on: Oct 02, 2010
ready for the adventure
Kumar, dont leave us! You have th…
Kumar, don't leave us! You have t…
deciding where to go
deciding where to go
traffic in Brissy
traffic in Brissy
starting the journey
starting the journey
Brisbane General Tips & Advice review
Going from Brisbane to Gold Coast by train
The best way to go from Brisbane to Gold Coast using the public transportation is by train. Be aware there is an express serving connecting Brisbane … read entire review
Brisbane Nightlife & Entertainment review
Live music daily in a cool environment @ Irish Murphy's Pub
Irish Pubs are always fun and this one is not an exception. Murphy's is very well located, just 2 blocks away from the main Queen St. They serve lu… read entire review
Brisbane