Having a yummy lunch and then going to the Qdeck, a regular Saturday at Metro ;)

Gold Coast Travel Blog

an Irish Pub, hehehe

Today was my 1st week anniversary in my new home and this couldn't be just another day, no no no. Furthermore, we got a 3rd flatmate. The team was complete now. Yesterday I cooked dinner and today one of my neighbours showed up and said he had a surprise for us, yay! Being a good host has its benefits :)

We were supposed to leave early, but by the time we did so it was already noon. First we went to do some errands and then we all were starving, so having lunch before the surprise sounded perfect. We were at Surfer's and Munir knows about a small and tasty Thai place. Mmm, that sounded delicious. Let's go there!

Finding a parking spot usually takes quite a while in this area, but we wouldn't park on the street. Al drove to the Qdeck building, the tallest in town, which offers an incredible view of the city and parked there.

having lunch
But only the visitors are allowed to do so... Well, that was the surprise, he got us passes to visit it, sweet! Now I understood why he was so concerned we all have our cameras with us, hehe. Sure, we'll visit it, but we would do it later since it'd be a better idea to catch the sunset there, plus it was getting a bit cool and we all needed to get something long sleeves. Specially me, I was wearing sandals!

We walked to the small restaurant and had a tasty lunch. The place was small and you could notice the people who visited it were regular costumers, good sign! We got an shrimps and fish cake as appetizer to share. They were very good and then each of us ordered our dishes. I got veggie green curry, which was delicious. A bit hot, but not too much, yay!

After a delicous lunch we drove back home.

me on top of gold Coast
We were so full that walking a bit around didn't sound like a bad idea at all, hahaha. It was 4:30pm when we drove back to the Qdeck, this time to enjoy the view of the city. When we were parking it was starting to get dark and by the time we got upstairs the sunset was almost over. We arrived just on time. It got dark pretty fast!

View was breathtaking, having a 360o view was priceless. At the Qdeck there's also a bar where you can have a drink. I didn't get anything, but 2 of the guys did. After taking several pictures and chilled out, we decided to go back home. Maybe we'd come back here soon. Al was telling us they have salsa nights once a week. It would be so much fun to come dancing here. Imagine partying here with the amazing city as background, great!

it was a perfect day!
it was a perfect day!
cool building
cool building
so touristy
so touristy
my green curry, but looks white, h…
my green curry, but looks white, …
love the buildings here
love the buildings here
hehe
hehe
distance from Gold Coast to Melbou…
distance from Gold Coast to Melbo…
distance from Gold Coast to Sydney
night time!
night time!
Gold Coast Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Delicious Thai food at Surfers Paradise - Siam Square
Now I'm a local in Gold Coast and I'm starting to know the restaurants in my new hometown. So, it was a good idea that my flatmate who has been living… read entire review
Gold Coast Sights & Attractions review
Enjoy an awesome panoramic view of Gold Coast at the Qdeck
If you want to get the best view of Gold Coast, you have to visit the Qdeck. It's an Observation deck located on level 77th of the iconic Q1 Tower.… read entire review
Gold Coast