Having Malayan food for 1st time in great company :)

Brisbane Travel Blog

hehehe. Happy and ready to eat!
Since I've been a good girl and did my laundry I deserved a nice dinner, hehe. Craig had already spoken to his friends so they'd join us. And this time I wouldn't be the only girl. Since we wouldn't be walking, I'd act so not local... I will wear high heals, yay!!!

We arrived to a Shopping Center, which was just about Asian restaurants and shops. Most of the signs were written in some Asian language and you just have to look at the crowd to be sure you are in the right place. If they like this place, that means this is good. The guys usually eat in a Malayan restaurant, but while we were waiting for them, we found another one and once the guys arrived, we decided to try the new one. It looked good and was crowded. Good sign!

Matt & Celine are a sweet couple.
with my huge bowl of Laksa. Love it!
Celine is Swiss and has been in my place before, I mean she was a foreigner but now she's a local. It was very nice chatting to her, specially because she works in the field I'm interested in. Yay! We ordered some tea and Satay as appetizer. Well, I would trust them. I have never tried Malayan food, so I'd go with the flow. Furthermore, they are experts. Yes, I'm in good hands :)

The Satay was delicious and everyone was enjoying it. Then we placed our main dish orders.  I saw a big bowl of soup in several tables and was wondering about that. It was the Laksa! I have heard about this in a tv show and wanted to try it. Plus it was a bit chilly, so a spicy / hot soup sounded perfect and it so it was! I ordered the veggie Laksa and was delicious.
tasty Cassava Kuih
It reminded me to a Peruvian soup: Chupe. I loved it! And it was huge! Matt wanted to see if I'd able to finish it, hehe. They told me I wouldn't be allowed to leave the place until finishing my food as a good girl.

Well, I succeeded! Actually I cheated, since I didn't eat the noodles, but didn't want anything too fulfilling, plus carbs... I also tried a bit of the others' dishes. They all were happy to share a bit of their food, so I'd be able to try a new cuisine, awesome! Dinner was very yummy and we all were full, but Celine mentioned sweets! She's one of mine, hahaha. Yep, I was full but there's always space for something sweet and we went to the other Malayan place to get some dessert and we tried the Cassava Kuih! Very good! Sweet, but not too much, perfect choice!

The guys had to work next morning, so they left. Matt would join us to the beach tomorrow. Celine had already plans, but hopefully would meet her again. Well, I guess we'd do so. I'd be around for 1 year :P
hehehe. Happy and ready to eat!
with my huge bowl of Laksa. Love i…
with my huge bowl of Laksa. Love …
Satay!!!
Satay!!!
My veggie Laksa :)
My veggie Laksa :)
Brisbane Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Delicious Malayan food in Brisbane @ Malaya Corner
Located in Market Square Shopping Center same as several other Asian restaurants. This was my 1st time eating Malayan food, so I can't say if it was a… read entire review
Brisbane Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Asian taste in Little Singapore
Actually I can't say much about this place since we just came here to grab dessert... BUT this note will remind me to come back! It looked very nic… read entire review
Brisbane