First time going to the city all by myself :P

Brisbane Travel Blog

lovely pink!
I wanted to go to the city, but wasn't in a hurry, so I decided to take my time and go by myself to the city. Craig made a map for me, so I'd be able to find out the way to the train station and drive to the city by myself, yay! I already had my gocard, so things should be pretty easy. Well, it wasn't that easy after all, I almost got lost, hahaha. Had to follow a lady to find my way back to the avenue, oops! But at the end I made it!

Instead of staying at home or in Thorneside I'd go to the city to keep on exploring it, much better than staying with my internet addiction. I was determined to find the Peruvian Consulate and let them know another Peruvian was in town.
Minigunther!
Same thing, so sign outside the building. It just said BCD Travel Agency. Despite of this I went upstairs and then I saw the Peruvian National Emblem, yay! Then a girl at the frontdesk told me the Consul comes just when he has an appointment, but she could give me his cellphone number? What?!?!?! Shouldn't this info be private?!?!?

Well, I tried to contact the Consulate. Time to keep on moving. I'd visit the Botanical Gardens and explore other areas of Southbank. It was very beautiful, specially because it was a sunny day. My last time here, it was rainy and couldn't appreciate it very well, but today it was different. The Botanical Gardens are so big and you could easily get lost there. It's great having these amazing trees and nature so close to the modern buildings.
The Born of Venus new version
This is the perfect spot to run away from the chaotic city and chill out for a while. I spent almost 2 hours just walking around the tall trees and admiring the nature. And of course took lots of pics, Minigunther was the ideal model, hehe.

I crossed the river through another bridge. I wanted to see as much as possible of the city and tried to discover new things. There was one place I haven't checked yet, although I passed in front of it several times: the museum and the art gallery. Ok, I would leave the museum for another time. Wasn't sure if I had to pay the entrance fee and I could do that once I have my student card and would get a better rate, hehe. But the art gallery was for free, plus art is always nice. There was an exhibition of Asian modern art, how cool! There are not many of this kind of exhibitions back in Lima.
yummy Indian food for dinner
So this was a great opportunity. Also I was able to see something about Australian art. It was cool!

I knew where Craig's workplace was, but wanted to see new places so ended up walking up and down. I think I did something wrong because at one point I felt I was getting lost again! Then I saw a guy who seemed to be latin and followed him. He was going to Southbank institute, so he took me to the right place, sweet! He hasn't noticed me, but then he turned back and smiled. I smiled back and then he started to talk. Yes, I started talking to him too, why? Well, his 1st line was: "You are Peruvian, aren't you?" OMG!

We spoke briefly and Craig showed up a few minutes later. Now it was time to go back home and have a tasty Indian dinner, yay! Craig did the cooking and I was in charge of the side and the dishes. That was fair enough!
the backyard
the backyard
time to feed the birds
time to feed the birds
almost got lost
almost got lost
is the Peruvian Consulate here?
is the Peruvian Consulate here?
my roll, my lunch
hold on!
hold on!
awesome trees
awesome trees
a huge park in the middle of the c…
a huge park in the middle of the …
interesting
crossing the Goodwill Bridge
crossing the Goodwill Bridge
oh!
oh!
somebody was taking a nap...
somebody was taking a nap...
a bridge crossing Brisbane river
Southbank institute
Southbank institute
Brisbane Sights & Attractions review
QAG - QLD Art Gallery
If you are in Brisbane and enjoy art you can't miss this place, plus the entrance is free. This is the perfect place to get introduced to the Austr… read entire review
Brisbane