Back to the city! The city girl inside me is happy :)

Brisbane Travel Blog

firefighters trucks

It was getting dark by the time we arrived in Brissy. We decided to overnight here, since it would be too tiring for Kumar to keep on driving, better leaving tomorrow early. Now we had to find a place to stay. It was a weekday, so there shouldn't be a problem finding accommodation. After stopping at Fortitude Valley and realising this wouldn't be the smartest place to leave the car, we drove to the city center. During our 1st stop in the city, we found that we could park at the shopping center for the night. Sweet! Let's go there!

We left the car and grabbed our bags. Now we were ready to look for accommodation for us, haha. There was a hostel nearby and I turned up to be the guide of the group, sweet! We arrived and there was a 4 bed dorm, perfect! After taking a shower I was ready to leave.

Casino at night
Kumar and Kate had already left. They went to the bar downstairs where they would get dinner. The place was packed and to be honest I was in the mood of a nice dinner somewhere I could talk and listen. I was thinking about something lighter, not bar food. So, Lalo and me started walking into the main Ave. I've been there several times and was pretty sure, we'd find something.

The city looks so nice at night and we even saw some firefighters in action. There wasn't any fire to extinguish, but there were a few trucks parked there, mmm. We were just walking around and ended up near the mall where we parked the car. Then we saw it! The perfect place. It had some tables outside, looked charming and the prices were ok too. Ok, let's find a table!

A waiter approached to us.

taking a break
We have already decided what to eat - Antipasto Platter - and drink - just softdrinks for now - so it was easy to place our order. The environment was great. Food was tasty, but the highlight was the friendly waiter. He asked where we were from and we said Mexico and Peru, then he spoke a bit of Spanish, lol. Later he sent another waiter from Colombia to talk to us in Spanish. How sweet! I really liked this place!

Ok, it was time to contact the guys. They have already left the hostel and would be back there in 10min. We told them not to do so, but meeting up with us at the main square where we were going in order to take some pics of the city at night. Wow! I really like this city!

It was 9ish when we met and we all decided to go to the Irish Pub where we stopped at the beginning of the journey.

the happy gang
It will be the perfect ending of the adventure. We arrived there, got some beer and found a nice spot right in front of the musicians, so we could enjoy the show. Haha, this place was definitely where workers use to hang out after leaving their offices, you could notice it just seeing how they were dressing, hahaha. Oh well, what happens in the Irish Pub...

Kumar told us we had to leave the parking lot before 7:30am! OMG! Ok, better not staying up until too late. We were hanging out for a couple of hours and then moved back to the hostel. Our adventure was getting over... Actually this was just the first chapter :)

antipasto
antipasto
latin power
latin power
City Hall
City Hall
nice church
nice church
the closest I was to a Kangaroo ha…
the closest I was to a Kangaroo h…
no words needed
no words needed
where are they going
where are they going
Brisbane Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Great service and tasty food in a nice location @ Cafe Mondial
When you are in the city, there are plenty of options where to eat, so you have to be lucky to pick up the best one which is not too expensive, but hi… read entire review
Brisbane Hostels review
Nice and funky hostel in the city center - X base
It was about 7pm when we arrived to the hostel and I really liked the fact the reception works 24hrs. This hostel is very well located, just a few … read entire review
Brisbane