Catania and home

Catania Travel Blog

I caught a bus from Taormina to Catania. This, of course was present time. I managed to find an excellent model car for my youngest grandson, then 3 near to the market and a number of comestible items for Pam, my wife, and other family members. Catania's markets are highlights in a city without many. Eventually I caught a bus to the airport with plenty of time - had it only been going in the right direction. As it was I arrived with the least time I have ever had for any flight.

I had an experience in Brussels that would have justified a lot of air rage. I had been unable to book on the flight leaving almost immediately for manchester and hence had well over two hours to wait. There was a woman waqiting at the top of the stairs that led to my plane, when it arrived. Having nothing better to do she was watching me for most of the time, including when I had a coffee. When I eventually started down those steps, this same woman called me back. I returned.

'Am I right n thinking you have had a lot to drink?'
'A coffee.'
'Nothing - you know I haven't. You have been watching me.'
'Well, all right then but you do realise that if you had, I could not allow you to go on the plane?'
'Yes, of course - but why did you pick on me?'
'I shouldn't worry about it if I were you.'

Then she turned away. I had enjoyed my holiday immensely; I carried on to the plane; to the best of my knowledge that creature still lives. Connect these remarks if you wish.
photo by: Traveling_Brian