As one door closes, another opens...

London Travel Blog

I'm not sure if this year has been lacklustre or that I'm simply saturated from all the travelling I've done in 2005. It was a good effort.

I did manage a trip to Scotland for Hogmany, which was interesting. In January I spent a week with the family in India, which was breathtaking. And in France there was a week of snowboarding in France, which was a dream come through.

Apart from that it's been an uneventful year. I know it sounds blasé; some people wait years to go on holiday. But wanderlust is addictive. It's like crack. Once you have some, you need to have more.

As they say, be careful what you wish for. No not crack. Wanderlust.

Since my UK Working Holiday visa is ending in July anyway, I've decided to take the whole summer off and return to Camp Jened New York for another summer. I leave on 19th May with a 2-day stopover in Reykjavik, Iceland. London has been an amazing experience and I'm sure I'll look back on it and treasure my days here.

But it's also taxing mentally and physically. London is a mad place - it's the city that never sleeps. And it's a city that never smiles.

So with that in mind, I'm looking forward to re-charging my batteries: to take a holiday from the real world, to escape technology, to meet new people, to be outdoors and to do something genuinely good for society.

photo by: ulysses