Shepherd's Bush a.k.a. New Australia

London Travel Blog

Ok, fast forward to today.

Since then, I'm still at the same flat. It's cool except we have 9 people staying in 4 rooms. It gets squishy...but everyone is great.

Darren and his mates got sick of She-Bu and have moved to swanky Clapham. I'm tempted to move as well in a month or so.

Job's still good, except that I don't really feel I'm learning much or changing the world for the better. But it pays the bills and allows me to live here "Londener-style" so no more complaints.

In December I went to Manchester for a friend's birthday. For my birthday I went to my flatmate's friend's birthday party at this swanky bar on the Friday. On the Saturday, I went to this retro club which was actually Darren's flatmate's ex-girlfriend's birthday party. It's a bit surreal celebrating your birthday at someone else's birthday party. At X'mas I volunteered at a homeless shelter and for New Year's I went to Ryan's sister's house party.

So it's been all new & exciting so far, but I've also been slack....

I've still hardly seen any of London! And I haven't made many new friends apart from my flatmates and Darren's travelling mates.

So that's going to have to change. Looking back, 2004 was probably the best year of my life for various reasons. And I plan to make 2005 even better!!
photo by: ulysses