7 days and counting

London Travel Blog

So I only have 7 days to go until I depart for what hopefully will be an amazing adventure. Although I am very much looking forward to what lies ahead, I feel anxious, which I guess is normal, right? It is finally hitting home that I am leaving the country for 7 months, leaving certain people behind is going to be harder than I first thought. Got to love the universe and its impeccable timing

I have (what I think are) the essentials and maybe a few luxuries - but  figure as I have tickets, passport & visas, money and travel insurance, anything else can be bought. Struggling a little on what to pack, guessing fashion should not be my number one priority.

Gonna use this week to say my final goodbyes, spend a little time with my mum and brother, pack my backpack , oh and get my hair done - can't be rocking an afro while travelling, so NOT a good look.

Next update will probably be from the airport as I wait for my flight - which so far has not been cancelled (BA flight, no strikes planned for 14 Jun). Ash cloud has died down and Bangkok is safe again - so my positive attitude has paid off. World here I come..........