AsiaJapanTokyo

Exploring Tokyo

Tokyo Travel Blog

Giant Crab In Shinjuku

I decided to spend a few days in Tokyo and met up with an old school friend who was visiting Japan for skiing.

The first day I headed into Tokyo it decided to snow and i mean snow big time.  I HATE SNOW.....being from the sunny warm Gold Coast in Australia where we never even get winter and you can still swim in winter time the snow is one thing in Japan that drives me nuts.

The hotel we stayed in was great and we had a fantastic view of Tokyo Tower.  The first day we explored Asakusa and did some sightseeing of the Temples, shrines and shopping. Also enjoyed some great food.

Recently Asakusa (Nakamise Dori - Shopping Street) and the Karimon gates have been updated and rennovated they have a new coat of paint and look brand new all nice and sparkling.  It looks fantastic much better than the old worn out look that it was sporting a few months back.

On the last day I headed back home to the suburbs of Tokyo but not before passing Shinjuku for some good food and shopping and managed to spot this enormous crab on the outside of a resturant.  While taking the photo I had some random conversation in English with a Japanese business man who asked where I was from and then proceeded to tell me he had been to Australia 10 years ago.  It's that kind of randomness of Japan that I love.

Finally it stopped snowing and it was time to head home but it was still damn cold and still is.

Snowing in Tokyo