A drive through the twisties

Pribovce Travel Blog

On the way, I got sidetracked by church steeples. They always get me. I stopped in Pribovce for a look at a church with a silvery-gray colored spire (that I never could get close to) and ended up finding another of interest with stucco and wood shingles.

On my way back from Martin, I stopped for water and a snack and noticed that they had an automatic carwash. My car needed a bath, something fierce, so she got one! She was all clean and polished for the return journey through the mountains to get to Banska Bystrica.

Ok, no more stopping. I was trying to make it back to see the gallery or one of the museums in Banska Bystrica before they closed. My stops were limiting my choices with each and every new stop. I can’t help myself, though.

The fields stretched forever with little yellow flowers enjoying the space and fresh air. Little villages at every turn….with their spired churches. I tried just catching a quick shot with my camera……I have gotten pretty good at the camera-while-driving thing. I, however, do not recommend it. It can be very dangerous.

The mountains were especially lively with many motorcyclist out for a Sunday ride. I know that they are enjoying themselves but…….they are crazy people with how they ride with a shear drop only a meter or so away.

I took brief moment and stopped for a few pics at a particularly dramatic spot. I enjoyed the spirited drive and soon was back in town.

photo by: delsol67