Flowers, Fields, and Fantastic Architecture!

Liptovska Mara Travel Blog

I returned to the main road and set the direction to Habovka. This time I would be taking a different route through this part of the Tatras of this region.

The area around Liptovska Mara Lake was just heavenly. Once you get past the ski centers and the water park the water views and meadows of flowers will take you away. The expanses of open space with wild grasses that looked like a soft blanket, mesmerized me. I just wanted to walk out into the grass and lay down in it. It’s just one of those places.

Nearby, I also found a patch of the most beautiful pink and blue flowers. So beautiful and in the postcard like setting, I found it hard to believe that it wasn’t staged. I guess God staged it …..for me to find and enjoy, and I did.

Next, I happened upon a true treasure. I could see a red dome and spire in the distance……that’s enough to get my attention. The closer I came to town, the more special I realized it to be. In Vitajte V Obci, a very large church with a low stone wall with little wood-shingled helment-domed roofs. The gate had an onion-domed roof, as well. It’s like a little fortress….interesting. I hope to find out the history of this great place.

From there, it was up and across some taller mountains with views of the lake below. I stopped for a break at the top the survey the scenery.

IvanR says:
"Vitajte v obci" in Slovak means "Welcome to village" :) Man, I am living few kilometers from places you have visited, but I've never been there! I think you inspired me where to go this summer :)))
Posted on: Jun 16, 2010