Sunrise over Nederlands

Amsterdam Travel Blog

04:30.…came way too soon but, I got up with out difficulty and was out the door just after 5:00. Rob helped me get my stuff in the car and gave me a big hug, goodbye.

The morning light was just beginning to creep up above the 17th century buildings of Amsterdam. I snaked my way through the canal and out of the center. Once on the highway, I could make out the brilliant orange at the horizon with a sky of brillant blue, for a background.

Off, I go!

As it was insanely early, there was no traffic in the Netherlands and I was out of the country in just over an hour, surely a record.

I even made it passed Dusseldorf and Koln without becoming apart of their morning traffic….yeah.

Castle near Danau (Danube) River in Germany

South of Frankfurt……maybe 30 minutes north of Deggendorf, the traffic was stopped. There had been many areas of road construction but they had only slowed my progress not stopped. The time that I had gained by missing the big cities traffic, I was now losing. I sat there for 30 minutes and then we crept for another 15. In the end, there was no intelligible reason for the stop. Oh well, I was on my way again.

I stopped for gas and my ABN card wasn’t working, again. I had issues with it in Sweden, Tunisia, and now Germany. I called Rob and he called the bank…..probably a bad chip ! Ok, but the last placed that I stopped, they swiped it and didn’t use the chip…..whatever, no Mastercard. Luckily I had the cash on me.

I crossed the Danube in southern Germany and found an interesting fortress.

Castle near Danau (Danube) River i…
Castle near Danau (Danube) River …
photo by: pearcetoyou