The last evening in Firenze

Florence Travel Blog

In front of Santa Croce

After returning to Firenze from a rather tiring day in Chianti, the agenda for the rest of the day was simple - get some pictures of my last sunset in this city. The choice was also a bit obvious - Piazza San Michelangelo. but our Chianti tour guide had told me to go to the church above the area. Before going there, I chose to stop by at Santa Croce just for that picture. A week of visiting churches had become rather tiring and hence didn't feel the need to go in, not to mention I was way way in the sunset of ooh-aah'ing at another altar.

Piazza San Michelangelo is a sight to behold. What I realised (and got to love) about this city was that even the locals are as enthused about the spots as the tourists are. I saw all sorts at the Piazza - local Uni students hanging out, family get togethers, tourists, honeymooners, couples, it was just fantastic! The view - well the sunset was brilliant no doubt, esp. over the river. But the one "complaint" I have is that they need to light up the Duomo at night as it's virtually non-existent and comes horrible on non-SLR photographs.

I spent about 2 hours here, well pretty much most of sunset before I headed back to town to have dinner - spicy spicy pasta was brilliant. Last night in Firenze, who'd have thought! Thank God I had this opportunity though!

Church atop Piazza San michelangelo
Church atop Piazza San michelangelo
A wedding
A wedding
View of Firenze from the church
View of Firenze from the church
Firenze by dusk!
Ponte Vecchio by sunset, amazing!
Ponte Vecchio by sunset, amazing!
Beautiful view of Firenze at sunset