As high as I went

Ghorepani Travel Blog

Hotel See You
I did not do so well with the thinner oxygen. I found that for each metre in height that I ascended, I needed to stop & breathe very deeply for a few extra minutes before going the next metre up. This was somewhat laborious. Ban Thanti was 3180m ASL & we continued going up & down for some time. By the time we arrived at Ghorepani I had very little reserves left to take the extra trip up to Poon Hill. I was not sleeping at night. I was also discouraged by the constant mist that blocked so many of our views, so I gave up. Where's the nearest taxi????
Added to this was the Hotel See You Lodge & Restaurant - possibly the worst venue we'd experienced. We were the only guests so I suppose that could have been the clue. Simply, the meal was unpleasant.
We tried the Internet in the village but it wasn't working properly but we called home from Tej's mobile so all knew we were ok. A lot of the Nepalese used a government cell phone system, which seemed to have reception everywhere. I had an NCell sim card that only worked in pockets. I did not receive texts  from those at home, but they said they received mine.
We walked for 9.5 hours that day, ending in what I'd call a sprint when news of another pending strike reached us, and I didn't want to walk an extra 40km plus, back to Pokhara. I think I was a bit tired.
Waterfall & forest
Waterfall & forest
Yay! more steps
Yay! more steps
Ghorepani Hotels & Accommodations review
There are so many other options in Ghorepani,I'd recommend any of them over this place.
Ghorepani