AsiaNepalDeurali

to Pothana

Deurali Travel Blog

Ongoing rocky paths
More steps, constantly going up, across, down. I guess that's what happens when you try to go from one mountain to another. Lots of perspiration & tightening of every muscle in the body. I was feeling fitter & fitter by the minute, seeing myself as svelte rather than the real body. It was all so ridiculous we laughed most of the day - especially when we turned yet another bend to find more steps! At least they weren't unrealistically steep like yesterday.
It's a pity there wasn't a lovely healthy salad at the end of the day, complete with tofu & herbs. You see the gardens on the side of the track, but those vegetables don't seem to make it to the traveller's table. They offer lots of pasta, mo mo's (little pasta crescents, filled with either available vegetables or chicken & veg), potato combinations & dahl bhat.
Pothana
Lots of other things are on the menu but most of us avoided most of those options through trial & error. We'd often say, "I wonder how they will be able to stuff up (insert any word from the menu)" and they'd show us.
The scenery changed today from open hillside views to walking amongst vegetation, seeking mountain views through surrounding trees. We started taking for granted all the rice paddies on the hillside & paddocks of maize. We still had a wonderful surprise each time we glimpsed snow in the distance & took at least 50 shots of every snowdrop in case it melted by the time we turned off the camera.
Pothana was pretty & marked that we'd reached 1990m in altitude.
Deurali