All By Myself, Part I

Kell Travel Blog

This will be interesting.  This is the first trip that I’m setting out on by myself.

A road trip to the beach.  But, I’m looking forward to it.  Of course I am; if I wasn’t, would I even be going?  I’ve got my own itinerary, and I’m not going to have to consider anyone else’s thoughts, feelings, or ideas.  It’s all about me.  And I need this trip.  I have been stressed to the breaking point in my former job, and I need the beach to recover.  The beach is that special place for me.  It’s a place of solace, relaxation, and of rejuvenation.  All I’ve been looking forward to for months is the beach, ASAP.  But, in being by myself on this trip, I will have to face the stereotypes of eating alone in restaurants, taking pictures of myself, hanging out by myself, and all that goes with it.

But, I’m happy by myself.  I can keep myself entertained and alone-ness does not bother me (for the most part).  On the flipside, though, I’ve never traveled to this extent by myself.  I’ve wanted to, but never been brave enough to do so. That changes tomorrow.  Four days all by myself.  We’ll see how this goes.

anupa_rk says:
Congrats on your feature! Hope you had a great time on your solo trip. We all need one of those from time to time :)
Posted on: Jun 15, 2010