When It's All Said and Done

Springfield Travel Blog

I officially submitted my letter of resignation this morning.  My last day working at the Capitol will be next Friday, May 14.  I’ll be moving Sunday the 16th.  That gives me a couple weeks between jobs, and boy do I need it! Of course, my first thought is VACATION!  But my second thought is WHERE?  I know the beach is necessary.  An absolute must.  I’d like to take a cruise, Bermuda seems awful appealing.  But the Dominican Republic or Jamaica seem nice, too.  But, in order to go to these destinations, I’d need a travel buddy, and I just don’t think any of my friends would want to go.  (What fuddy-duddies!)  But, to be quite honest, I’m okay with traveling by myself.

I’ve been so stressed out with this job that I really just want to take this trip to recuperate.  And relax on the beach. So here I am, in my office, researching Gulf Shores, Alabama.  I have wanted to go for several years, probably since my freshman semester in Birmingham.  It looks like I might finally see the white sand of the Alabama gulf coast, nearly ten years later.  I’ve pretty well had the trip planned in the back of my mind for all these years, so I’m just putting some finishing touches on the itinerary.  Sitting here listening to the squawk box and the Illinois House debate, I can’t help but daydream about the beach. My worry, though, is that the oil spill will affect the Gulf Coast and spoil my trip.  That would be a tragedy (for the coast).  I guess if the oil does come ashore, I’ll go to Florida or South Carolina, but I really have my heart set on Gulf Shores.

hauteboy says:
Congrats on your feature!
Posted on: May 04, 2011
tacco14 says:
Congrats on your featured blog, Tabitha!!!
Posted on: Jun 15, 2010