Skål Kobenhavn

Copenhagen Travel Blog

UK & USA weren't that "unusual" for me because everyone spoke English and NZ culture/media is so heavily influenced by both these countries.

But Denmark - wow. I finally felt like I was in a foreign country. Everyone seemed to dress so well and the buildings were gorgeous in an old arty way. It was almost like everything was designed to look pretty. I was impressed.

Camilla was there to greet me at the airport, which was great. Till this point I've managed to get someone to meet me at every airport - how lucky!

We spent a couple of days in Copenhagen. I met up with Isabel, one of my best friends from NZ. She's in Denmark for a year working/studying. She took us on this canal tour which was great, except I was pretty cold as all I had was summer clothes. Isabel had only been there for a few months, but she's very good a researching where to go etc.

While in Denmark, I started getting all these interview offers for jobs I applied to in London - which was a relief. I needed to start earning some money to survive in Europe. So back to London again, although I admit I was a little tempted to just apply for a working holiday visa for Denmark! Must return one day for sure.
photo by: the_bill