Loire- 4 castles, and one rainy day!

Loire Travel Blog

cool path to castle

Ah.. reading Jenns blog i now remember that today was the day we missed our train... we woke up really early and took a cab to the train station.. on our way to catch our long distance train the RER was delayed because of some comotion in the station.. maybe there was fight? or stabbing? who knows.. but there was a crowd. so our group decided to get out of the train and take several detour trains to our station.. we missed our train.. and the replacement tickets were a bit expensive.. i think i had to pay around  50 euros extra. =[ but thats alright.. the next train was only 45 mins away. our tour bus which was going to wait for us at Loire was going to leave at 9 and we were cutting it close.

me and mistress castle.. (not my mistress)
.. who knows if we would make it.. our train arrived and off we go to catch our bus.  jenn and thanesa headed to the ticket office to buy thanesas ticket and me and tracy were supposed to stop the bus from leaving.. we got separated at the station but eventually found the tourism office. turns out jenn and thanesa were already inside. but i found our bus driver who said we were the only ones on the tour so it was no trouble for him waiting.

we hoped on the bus and our driver explained all the castles we will see today.. 4 in total.

the first castle was for the mistress of the king. the queen was apparently jealous of the mistresses castle and decided to swap her castle with the mistresses.. i forgot the name of the castle or where it was.  but the estate was very nice.

group
. there was a row of old trees leading up to the castle.. which was great cause i love the long roads to castles.. there were also gardens flanking the sides of the castle.. one was the mistresses and the others was the queens.  this castle was quite small.. it had a hall which acted as bridge to the other side of the river.. the rooms were typical of a renaissance castle. there was also a farm village on the grounds which was very quaint.

the next castle was up on a hill.. almost like fortress. this castle was where da vinici stayed for a bit. but first we got hungry so we looked for something to eat. Jenn spoted this chinese food place in town.. I actually eat alot of chinese food when i travel because no1 they are almost always good and they are very cheap.

. so i thought this would be soOoo deliscious (ask grzechu for prounouciation) =] but as it turns out the food was not so good.. the sauces all tasted the same.. after a very dissapointing lunch we head up the hill to the castle.. this castle is pretty small again. and not furnished..  but we spent some time in the garden taking pictures. we waited for the bus to arrive and ofcourse it was late and full.. there were 2 couples.. one from france and i think the other might be from spain.  the spanish couple was not very nice (see jenns blog)

the third castle was supposed to be the biggest.. lots of stairs and windows and rooms.. so hopefully the most impressive?? but again dissapointment.. the castle was bare and full of weird modern art.. again another group of kids said konichiwa to us.

grace kelly? i mean jenn =]
.  jenn and thanesa decided to stay at the cafe and rest for a bit.. then it started raining heavily... luckily we were indoors most of the time. the only cool thing about this castle was that there was a double helix spiral stair case in the center. me and tracy took separate entrances and yelled each others name but couldnt spot each other as we went up the stairs..  we went out in the pouring rain and tried to find jenn and thanesa but couldnt find em.. thought they were back in the van.. so after purchasing some liquor we headed to van to find no one was there.. tracys shoes were soaked and so was my jumper..  i headed back into town and found jenn and thanesa at the cafe where me and tracy were originally to ask what time it was. then off we go to our last castle.

this last castle was the most furnished of them all and i actually quite enjoyed it.. there were also hounds locked up.. lots of em! but we had to get back on the van to catch our train back.. we arrived late to the train station but after some extreme super fast running we caught the train and managed to get on just in the nick of time.  very exhausting day indeed...

RJ82 says:
jenn that was the best part! haha
jenn79 says:
omg I forgot about the bolting for the train bit!
RJ82 says:
dont be jerk. =p thats how i describe things
cool path to castle
me and mistress castle.. (not my m…
me and mistress castle.. (not my …
jenn in bridge hall
bust of leonardo
bust of leonardo
castle on top of hill
castle on top of hill
that tracy is always floating!
that tracy is always floating!
third castle.. biggest im told