settling in for the evening =)

Bailly-Romainvilliers Travel Blog

beautiful dusk light at the lakeside villa
Forgot how tiring international traveling can be! Particularly if you are flying a crap airline such as American and don't even get TV sets in your headrest! =( Man I miss Virgin Airlines!! =( Didn't sleep at all on the flight over, arrived at 7am and actually saw an old UNICEF colleague on the flight with her newborn baby girl!! How funny is that?! I felt bad, I was supposed to go visit her in the Bronx a few weeks ago but it's been so mad and let's face it the Bronx is neither easy nor a safe place to travel, but I was going to visit after I returned from France. Unfortunately she was on her way back to Guinea with a short stopover in France. Ack byebye Aminata! =(

Made my way out of terminal 2A at CDG which I've never been to. Usually the international flights depart/arrive at 2E or 2F so had to get on a shuttle with the luggage and try remember where to get my Navigo card and where the Disneyland shuttle was again! Verizon/3G networks have absolutely no compatibility here in France! =( Poor useless Droid!

Took quite a bit of time and finally made it to the resort at 11am - jeez! Was supposed to pick up Thanisa at noon, but luckily got an email saying she was sick and would come out tomorrow instead.
yay RJ and Tracy arrive!!
Was supposed to meet Tracy and RJ at the Chessy terminal at 1pm but fell asleep by accident. They arrived at 3:30pm from an 11am arrival - WOW everything is taking so long today! Glad Tracy was there as she's been to this resort before and managed to make her way here without my absence of help - hehee sorry guys! =D

We were crazy tired, dirty and hungry from all the traveling. went for a grocery store run, saw delicious organic fruits and got some fresh bread from the bakery. The sun decided to set around 10pm so we had a great time eating outside on the balcony and chasing the ducks away from our food. I guess we wouldn't go to Paris today, sorry guys! =( Watched a little TV, caught up, and settled in for a good rest before tomorrow's long journey to Etretat!
hirondellenhi says:
i'll bet american is still better than united! but you got the best ppl with you in France!!!!
Posted on: Jun 12, 2010
beautiful dusk light at the lakesi…
beautiful dusk light at the lakes…
daytime photo
daytime photo
RJ marveling at the geese!
RJ marveling at the geese!
photo by: jenn79