My two trips

France Travel Blog

I have visited France twice, once in 1991 and again, very briefly in 2004. Both trips were very different, but both as enjoyable as the other. My first trip here was when I was in High School and they took us for a week to Fougeres in 1991 as part of a field trip. I remember very little of the experience, except maybe being made to eat Oysters!!! We visited the château and Mont St Michel, both of which are extremely lovely buildings. We also visited a cheese farm where we were able to taste different cheeses. I remember sharing a room in a hotel with two others, Toni & Vicky, and them putting a scary film on one night....and being caught by the late Mr Crawly jumping out of the window and almost breaking my neck trying to crawl back in to avoid him. We were travelling back to the accommodation one day when we stopped at a river somewhere on the road-side, and despite being told we couldn't get back on the coach wet, some people thought it would be amusing to throw Mr Crawley into the river!! Travelling with the school was an experience...I'll never forget the long coach drive to Dover and my first ever ferry trip. My second trip to France was an extremely short stop in Hetange Grande, a small village in Northern France. It was a quick nip over from Germany in 2004 for a birthday lunch which will become clearer if you go to my page on Germany. Needless to say we parked the car, walked through the village, had lunch then travelled back to Germany. We saw very little of the village, and I would have preferred to spend a little longer looking around - but in all honesty the village was quite small and we really didn't have that much time. My only regret from my two trips to France is that I have yet to make a trip to Paris. If I was to go back, Paris would be my destination. It's one of the few countries I've visited where I have yet to see the Capital....and one day I hope to go back and make it to the top of the Eiffel Tower.

367 km (228 miles) traveled