An inconvenient arrival to Trent

Trento Travel Blog

Il Duomo di Trento
I took my train very early in Montecatini Terme towards Trento. I bought first class, but unfortunately I had to make many connections and only two of the four trains had first class wagons. Anyway, I am glad I did, as I was carrying so many bags that it would have been nearly impossible to manage them through the conventional wagons, especially with so many people boarding.

I arrived in Trento at the scheduled hour and headed towards my Couchsurfing friend's house. Since I was not familiar with the town, I decided to take a taxi, but later I regreted and thought I could have walked instead. Anyway, when I got to his house, I rang the bell and nobody answered. I felt a annoyed and maybe a little scared, so after repeated ringings I started to think of what to do.
The fountain at the main square
I couldn't believe he would leave me stranded, since he has so many positive vouches in his profile.

Anyway, I walked strandedly by the streets of Trento heading towards the Basilica. I wanted to see if there was some tourist information, but I found a cheap hotel instead. I decided to book a room, since I was so tired and I was in desperate need of a shower. I refreshed, checked internet and found that my host sent me a message saying he was late and he'd be home around 6:00-7:00 PM. Well, at least he did not desert me. I replied and then looked for a bar to see the inaugural game of the World Cup. I found a cool bar very near to where I was and I could see the game there. Unfortunately the game wasn't so good, IMO.

I went back to my hotel and took a little nap, and then met with my host at the City Fountain.
Me at Castello del Buonconsiglio
He happened to be a very nice guy and we immediatly started a conversation. We made a little walking tour of Trento, including the main churches and the Castello. I find Trento to be a very nice pictoresque little town, and I am going to make sure I enjoy every inch of it in the next days. I am a little tired of so much hassle in the other cities I have been visiting and would like a more laid back touring this time.

At night we went to an electronic music concert that seems to be much in the fashion of the European scene. I could meet some of my host friends, we had a great time! They wanted to have dinner at a McDonalds before heading back home, but I told them I wouldn't eat in one of those in Europe for my life.
Transitory says:
Enjoying some Spritz with my host
Dinner!
Dinner!
Trento Hotels & Accommodations review
Unbeatable location and good service
This hotel is located in the very heart of Trento, right in front of the Duomo and the Fountain. It's a family run bussiness, as so many bussiness… read entire review
Trento