Waka Waka!

Arnhem Travel Blog

Go Orange!
My european summer was almost over and it was time to watch the WC Final in Arnhem. I had planned with Rich to watch it in Holland since I knew I would be travelling to Europe, but we had no idea that the Oranje team would be on it! That made it extra exciting!!

I took an afternoon off and we met in Arnhem downtown at about 6 PM. We went to the main square of Arnhem, where a giant TV Set was already installed. Everything around was orange, and I of course was wearing my orange T-shirt. We waited for about an hour and a half for the game to start, and it got so packed that it was difficult to get something to drink.

The game started and so did the excitement! The first half of the game did not help much, as there was not much football on it. The second half proved to be better, but still nothing resolved for any of the two teams. The extra times were really exciting, but it was heart breaking to see Spain score the goal. I was so involved in an oranje mood now that I really wanted them to win! There was dissapointment all around, but Rich explained that... "it's only football, and there will be a next time". I was surprised he could take it in that way, but I guess it was the best way to face it. Nobody waited to see Spain lift the cup, so we went back to the hotel.

It was fun to see the game, but it would have been so much better to see Holland win. Anyway, it was a great ending for my european trip!
Orange crew!
Orange crew!
Orange Arnhem
Orange Arnhem
Giant screen!
Giant screen!
That was a good moment to get your…
That was a good moment to get you…
Arnhem