Le Roi est mort... vive le Roi??

Versailles Travel Blog

Versailles
It was just my second day in France, but I wanted to go to Versailles as Sunday is the day when they turn on the fountains and play music with them. I had bought my Paris Card, and that was a good idea, as at least I could avoid the line to buy tickets. It was impossible to miss the train to Versailles as it was full of American tourists. The line to get in looked hopelessly long, but it walked up pretty quickly. I explored the inside of the Palace including the famous Hall of Mirrors and the Rooms of the Kings, but maybe the best part of my visit was visiting the gardens.

They charged me 8 euros to get there because of the show. The merciless sun and the dirt grounds of Versaille made things look more like Egypt than France. I did not walk much of the gardens because of that, but I did take a little trolley to the smaller dwellings of the kings. It was alright, but the way back was really rough. It was about 3 PM and the heat was just suffocating. As soon as I exited the castle I threw myself in the first piece of grass with a shade that I could find.
montecarlostar says:
Louis XIV bed in Grand Trianon
Louis XIV bed in Grand Trianon
Cool pool table
Cool pool table
Very refreshing orange juice!
Very refreshing orange juice!
Fountain show