Geopolymer day!

Saint Quentin Travel Blog

Me with Prof. Davidovits!
Finally the day had arrived for what brought me to St. Quentin. Geopolymers!! I went to the University of Picardie to register for the event and I was lucky to meet Dr. Davidovits himself at the conference. Of course I said hi and asked him for a photograph and to sign my book. I have been reading about him for over 5 years now, so it was very exciting to meet him in person.

For the people who don't know who he is, Dr. Joseph Davidovits is the inventor of the -geopolymers- a novel type of ecological cement with excellent durability as well. I could blog forever about the wonders of this new invention, but I think it suffices to say that it might be the material our buildings, roads and bridges may be built in the next centuries. I have the honor to be at least a very small part of the geopolymer research world and so for me it was very exciting to meet the man who started it all.

The conferences have been great so far, and this will oficially be my last time representing Louisiana Tech.
jethanad says:
It feels good inside - congratulations
Posted on: Jul 10, 2010
montecarlostar says:
Thanks so much Keith! It was very productive indeed! A great wrap up to my Louisiana Ph.D. experience!
Posted on: Jul 08, 2010