My Singapore (Mis) Adventure..

Singapore Travel Blog

Siloso Beach

This is my second trip to Singapore, this time with my sister, it has been  15 years since the first time, along time. Now, we prepare for our 4 days holiday in Singapore . We booked hotels from Agoda and all arrangment are already done ! so I don’t need to run around the City looking for a hotel...for me this is a first like this...lol. So I’m thinking nothing to worry about I’m all organized. Our flight is very early, so on the day the fact is its 4am and we must be awake and on the bus for 4.30am...So I want to check everything!...all is ok...so we got on bus to the airport at 4.30 am, as planned, because our flight is at 7 am. Its better we waiting at the airport rather than be late because of traffic jams in Jakarta later.

Siloso Beach
I took out my small bag to check again our passports..I was wondering because it’s not heavy! Why?...I opened..Oh My God...my passport it’s not here..I checked all our bags and I didn’t find it and then I remember my passport on my scanner after I scanned it last night. Both me and my sister are now in a PANIC!!... what can we do, our bus is nearly at the airport, so I said with my sister “ Can you go alone to Singapore?” my sister said she doesn’t want...she tried to call a friend to bring my passport to the airport and I called my mum to take out my passport from the scanner. Now I am quiet and confused in my mind I can’t think how to get my Passport, even if the friend of my sister tried to bring the passport to the airport.
Siloso Beach
..the time is already 5.30 am, and Jakarta’s traffic never sleeps...just get more heavy!… all I can hope and pray for is a miracle !! I just say with my sister  you can go on your own to Singapore, but she still doesn’t want...its better we both cancel she said...How silly I am at the this time...what can I do?

When we arrived at the airport departure terminal...I looked at my watch...now the time is just after 5.30am...Oh my God I’m still in a panic because we must check in, no later than 1 hour before the flight, we got from the bus to the doors of the check in area...but here I have another problem...because we must be cleared through by Security first...I’m  thinking I maybe able to enter with all my paperwork, but its not possible.

Siloso Beach with new friend from Philipine
..I must have my Passport... the only thing for us to do is that my goes through by herself and checks in and advises the check in people of our problem...and that I’m still waiting my passport...After she checked in(without luggage) as i have the luggage...she comes out to me...we chat about the problem and still insists that she will cancel if my passport doesn’t arrives in time...because she wants to be with me...we must go together she says...minute by minute we wait car by car we watch... just waiting her friend to arrive...thank God finally he got here, after thanking him for his help and speedy arrival I paid for his petrol by tipping him kindly...but quickly we must say goodbye and rush to get to check in again and fill out the forms.
..Oh My God, the immigration is a big queue...and the time is running fast 6.30 am..I was feeling my heart running to so fast also... what seemed like an eternity...we passed through immigration , then we hear about our final call...we had to run about 200 -300 meters(I think we qualified for our Olympic team)...lol..we were sweaty and take a breath after handing in our boarding passes at the gate. We are the very last to board ...nothing was said by the flight crew...but many passengers do stare at us... We find our seats quickly and sit down with a big sigh of relief...my sister is just sat quietly looking at me and smiling...then she said “uhhh tired” I just said “Sorry”. Dueing the flight we chatted about what had just happened, we laughed, loved and upset.
..all to be one.J

Its a short flight to Singapore, so we soon arrive at the airport, more queues again at the immigration but its quick and then we want to take our luggage. But I,m stopped  after my bags went through the Scanner...The customs told me to open it so he can check inside and asked me to take out my things...I looked my sister “ what happen again plz..” I said..I took out things inside my luggage..I didn’t find anything they are looking for and then customs said open your small bag. I opened…ahhhh small pen knife..which I always pack where ever I go its only to peel fruit. We are taken to the Custom Office. My sister looked  at me again “ Oh my God !! ”she said.. I just straight face.

.The Customs Man of the office is in fact from  my country, Indonesia so we talk with ease which is better and he seems friendly... he just said “next time don’t bring knife like this into Singapore, because they are not allowed” “I’m so sorry “ I said with  a smile. A women customs officer then gave me the forms to fill out and signed..then they said “ You can go now and take care” we just smiles and said “Thank you” “Grrr today I’m unlucky twice today today… I said with my sister, ”I Don’t know what was I dreaming about last night???”  I never like this when I backpack...”Stupid I am”...and now a bit upset with myself.

We took the taxi to from the Changi Airport to our hotel in Geylang street.

I’m still Stressed about what happened today, so after check in (no problems...lol now) all I want to do is sleep so I’m straight onto the bed with my tears...so cross and upset, I’m not in any mood for look around the city today.

Its unlike me to waste time on short break holiday’s but yesterday was too much. So now with a fresh body and mind we can start our 3 days trip...lol.(Sorry my lovely Sister)...I start by taking my Sister to explore Singapore, first it’s to Sentosa Island. where we met a new friend from Philippines, we are here for the day so we look around, lunch and relax all together...hmmm nice no stress. Then it’s back to the hotel to shower then dine. After my sister and I discuss and plan where we should go tomorrow.

So the Second day in Singapore, we are to take a day trip to Jurong Bird Park and Singapore Zoo a whole day trip of walking and viewing the exotic and the weird and wonderful animal life at these places, taking many pictures along the way...And to Kill our legs and feet completely...we finish the day/night by sightseeing  Singapore’s bright and colourful nightlife...(did we sleep...you bet we did...lol).

The third day, with legs and feet well rested, we treat them to a visit to the Botanical gardens, here we are to met up again with our new friend from the Philippines...in here she shows us around taking us in the National Orchid Garden section....hmmm this is my paradise my camera can't stop then it's time to leave here and catch a bus to  Orchad Road Shopping Centre, but then I'm silly for the third time on this holiday, because I've left my hat and my camera case behind in the gardens and the bus is ready to go.

Haw Par Villa
..so I just let it be and continue to the shopping centre, then more tours of places in the city which were, Haw Par Villa, Merlion City, Bugis and China town. In Chinatown I bought a new hat and camera case...lol...The last day of our holiday in Singapore was so lovely although in the beginning I was unlucky again...they do say bad things come in threes...as far as it is I still enjoyed this holiday with the (3) of us...see not all bad in threes...hehehe.

yuness says:
Yes Steph that's very true...but still many problems to make me stressed...lol
Posted on: Aug 28, 2013
daenerys says:
Oh my what a read.. so good you got your passport and made your holiday. At least it could only get better after the first day!
Posted on: Aug 27, 2013
yuness says:
@ Jim,thanks jim...so what you got hiding under your poncho...hehehe
Posted on: Jul 05, 2013
Siloso Beach
Siloso Beach with new friend from …
Siloso Beach with new friend from…
Zoo
Zoo
Singapore Zoo
Singapore Zoo
Singapore Hotels & Accommodations review
Avarage Hotel
The hotel along Lorong 20 Geylang.this hotel is only a stone throw away from the Aljunied MRT (train)station a few minute walking from the hotel. 15 m… read entire review
Singapore Hotels & Accommodations review
Avarage Hotel
The Hotel 81 Star Singapore is located in Geylang district.The Hotel 81 Star is a choice location for travelers seeking great value accommodation at c… read entire review