Singapore 2001

Singapore Travel Blog

ANA Hotel Singapore

Having won free flights to Singapore on British Airways I decided to explore Singapore for a few days and then head to Ria Bintan Island I had a short stopover of 2 days in Singapore on the way there and 2 days on the way back.

It was just enough time to see some of the main sights.

Singapore Information

I took a trip over to Sentosa Island by the Cable car where you can view Singapore city and the cruise ship terminal while gliding over the top of the harbour.

Once at Sentosa island I rode the train around the island and stopped off at the beach and visited the Merlion.  You can enter inside the merlion for a small fee.

Having thought this was the only Merlion in Singapore I later discovered the real Merlion was located by the Bay. Who would have thought there were 2 Merlion make sure to ask to see the BIG MERLION when you go so as not to be disappoointed.

I ventured down to Clark Quay in the evening and enjoyed the food, music and night life down there.

The following day was time to depart for Bintan Island.

On return to Australia I stopped for another 2 days in Singapore so this time I checked out Chinatown and Little India and spent the day shopping and enjoy the food of Singapore.

Singapore is such a lively city with plenty to see and do all in a few short days.

Night view from Clark Quay
Merlion on Sentosa Island
Sentosa Island
Sentosa Island
Singapore Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
In Singapore there are many ethinic varities of food available. There is Indian to French, Italian to Malay food and Chinese. As well as all your nor… read entire review
Singapore