Running of the Bulls

Pamplona Travel Blog

aka. best party of my life

Saturday Day 1 - The bus ride. I'm still ill so not very fun.

Sunday Day 2 - We arrive at the campsite. It's hot and sunny so we get drunk by the pool. Yay!

Monday Day 3 - We do the tour of Pampolona. Get to know Adi, Jesus, Chris, Uncle G, Mike, etc.

Tuesday Day 4 - San Sebastian trip. Gorgeous. I realise that our hostel room group must be the
best room ever. We play Circle of Death.

Wednesday Day 5 - Opening ceremony. We get trampled and then trashed in the plaza. Go Don Simon (ie. cheap sangria).

Thursday Day 6 - First run. And I'm the first in the arena. Before the bulls are released. But it was awesome running into an arena with thousands of screaming people.

Friday Day 7 - Second run. Why not, I'm first in again & I do a victory lap with Paddington bear. I get bottled by a local and horned by a bull. Right on my red bull t-shirt emblem in fact. And kicked in the leg so my digital camera screen is now smashed. Anyway, we get more drunk.

Saturday Day 8 - Last run. But first again. And I get trampled by a bull so I have cuts all over my head and a concussion. Just as well, we go home today.
318 km (198 miles) traveled