Lakawon Island and the most amazing sunset I've ever seen

Cadiz City Travel Blog

breathtaking!
Our next stop was Lakawon Island in Cadiz City. I've read online about the fine sand of the beach that some even compared it to Boracay. From Victorias City, it was another hour ride to Cadiz City where we rented a boat to get us to Lakawon Island. I could barely keep my excitement as we get closer and closer to this banana-shaped island.

We almost had the resort by ourselves. This was a major improvement as compared to the uber-crowded Alubihod beach in Guimaras.

The Good:

The fine sand and the clear water. I always bring my water shoes just in case the sea sand is rocky but except for a few shells, it was fine. I also noticed some small fish swimming.

The Bad:

Shoddy accomodation. We only had electricity from 5 am to 10 pm. It was so humid so we had to fan ourselves. I walked around the island and half the island is a residential area for fishermen and their families. The residents' area is very dirty with people throwing trash everywhere. Also, the presence of thorny trees/shrubs poses some danger if one is not cautious of them.

The Best:

I had witnessed the best sunset ever in my entire life. I was even singing Aerosmith's "I Don't Want To Miss A Thing" while watching. Streams of clouds folded upwards giving me a semblance of being in a tent with clouds acting as the ceiling plus the colors of sunset almost took my breath away.
Lakawon Island from afar
gobble! gobble!
shells for pearly
shells for pearly
Cadiz City Hotels & Accommodations review
I would have rated it as not recommended but if you're planning to stay overnight in the island, this is the only resort there. The accommodation was … read entire review