Off to Guimaras (some hits and misses)
Guimaras Travel Blog› entry 1 of 11 › view all entries
Upon arriving in Silay City by plane and after being met by my uncle, we went to the Reclamation Port in Bacolod City. Once in the port, we look for the ferry going to Iloilo City that was about to leave and we boarded it. The ferry trip lasted about an hour and a half. Upon touching ground in Iloilo, we went to the Ortiz port to ride a pumpboat going to Guimaras Island. The pumpboat ride was about 30 mins long.
Upon reaching Jordan port, we registered at the tourism center.
The sites we visited were the following:
1. Ambukal Fall (miss) - Aside from the fact that there was no water flowing through the falls because of El Nino, trash was to be found everywhere left presumably by the locals.
2. Guimaras Museum (miss) - Museum was closed on a Friday morning. It's not even weekend yet!
3. Trappist Monastery (hit) - Run by the Cistercian Order of the Strict Observance, I appreciated the quiet environment surrounding the church.
4. Valle Verde Mountain Resort (hit) - The resort provides a good view of Alubihod beach from afar. The resort also has a pool where you have to go down a hundred steps to reach it.
5. Guisi Lighthouse (hit) - Always a big fan of lighthouses, I was amazed to see that despite having a new lighthouse the people still kept the old rusty lighthouse. Wasn't able to climb up the old lighthouse since I think it wasn't safe with all its rusty steps.
6. Guisi Beach (hit) - Fine sand and relatively clean despite the narrow shore. The beach provides a view of the lighthouses from afar.
We reached our final destination, the Alubihod Beach.
After checking in and having lunch, we had our afternoon nap. I woke up at 4 and went down to the beach to swim and take some pictures.