Playing Around In Playa del Carmen

Playa del Carmen Travel Blog

Playing Around In Playa del Carmen

Ineke (Vlindeke) and I organized a TravBuddy meetup in Playa del Carmen, Mexico.

Unfortunately, no other TravBuddies joined us L

Yet, I still had a TERRIFIC TIME thanks to Ineke, Ina (one of Ineke’s Dutch tour pals), a few wonderful Mexicans who befriended this crazy gringo and the sensational sights and sounds of the magical Riviera Maya J

I had fun frolicking around gorgeous Playa del Carmen from Monday, May 24-Wednesday, May 26. Ineke and Ina arrived in town on Tuesday. Though we strolled the town and spent an amazing afternoon at a local beach resort, I didn’t take any photos until Wednesday evening, when we were expecting Jeremy (vulindlela) to join us. However, when we went to his hostel, we discovered Jeremy understandably had to cancel due to the death of his grandmother.

So, Ineke, Ina and I dined on La Quinita Avenida - that’s when the picture taking began J

Thursday & Friday, I rented a minivan to roam the remarkable Riviera Maya.

Ineke & I enjoy Secluded Heaven
Ineke and I headed south and enjoyed an enchanting roadtrip that’s documented in this blog. Afterwards, I cruised up to Cancún and spent the evening with new friends at Coco Bongo. I wrapped up the week by driving to Chichén Itzá, the ancient Mayan Empire capital and one of the New 7 Wonders of the World, sightseeing the colonial town of Valladolid and catching the Fire Show at Playa del Carmen’s, Blue Parrot Beach Club.

Ineke’s earlier visit to Chichén Itzá completed her tour of all New 7 Wonders of the World.

NEW 7 WONDERS OF THE WORLD

The five I’ve seen:

Chichén Itzá (Mexico)

Christ the Redeemer/Corcovado (Brazil)

Great Wall of China

Machu Picchu (Peru)

Roman Coliseum (Italy)

The two I still have to visit:

Petra (Jordan)