Homeward bound

Ho Chi Minh City Travel Blog

View from Hanoi Guesthouse balcony
Woke up at 6am due to a rooster crowing loudly right outside our window, but jammed my ear plugs back in and slept on and off til just before 9:30am. Had a baguette with butter and jam, and a lemon-infused water for breakfast. Spent the rest of the morning just lounging around the hotel. Checked out just before midday and paid the remaining balance for the guesthouse room - it was discounted as we hadn't got a deluxe room in the end. We took an Intrepid transfer to the airport for 140,000D each which took about 45min, and checked in for our flight back to HCMC. We were originally supposed to have a later flight but bloody Jetstar cancelled it on us. We arrived in HCMC at 4:30pm and settled in for the long wait before our 10:05pm flight to Darwin. K shouted me some french fries which was nice of her (I had completely run out of cash), the chips were good but the sides were not - tomato sauce sadly mixed with hot chilli sauce and salt sadly mixed with pepper! We whiled away the time til check in opened at 7pm by playing hangman (K beat me with the word 'RHYTHM') and doing crosswords and other word puzzles. Finally we checked in and headed to duty free land. I bought some coffee for a friend as requested. Finally we boarded our flight, by which time I was ravenous.
Typical Hanoi streetscene