Sweets on Sunday

Lidkoping Travel Blog

Continuing to Lidkoping, in the heart of Vastergotland, we stopped for a bite of lunch before heading to our Slott (Castle) stop for the day. Ludkoping. Is said to be the cradle of the Svea Kingdom. An ancient stone and brick town stands guard just outside the town center. Today some youth were hanging out around it’s base….up to no good!

On the site of the “New Town” square, the wealthy Magnus Gabriel de la Gardie, had a former hunting lodge brought here to serve as town hall. It is very unusual in it’s design and very red but, so is much of the wooden buildings in this country.

We stopped to eat, right, well, other than a burger stand….litteraly, there seemed to be nothing open. This town was dead! We stopped at a place that looked open and had the word “gastronomie” in brick on the side of the building. This was at least a possibility. They only had a few sandwiches all of which had fish or meat on them. No luck…..but then, I noticed the beautiful deserts. We bought carrot cake, a chocolate drizzled brownie, a shortbread muffin with raspberry jam, apple tart, and a lemon crème filled sugar cookie. Over the next two days we ate them…..OMG! They were so very delicious. I would have to say that this little shop in Lidkoping is one of the best desert places that I have enjoyed in the 60 countries that I have visited.

anupa_rk says:
Wow.. all those deserts... yummmm!
Posted on: Jun 03, 2010
Koralifix says:
Congrats on this featured blog! Good on you!
Posted on: Jun 03, 2010