Color and architecture

Marstrand Travel Blog

My last day on Marstrand……..the weather was not so good. It was much cooler and it was spitting rain. I stayed in most of the morning, writing about my experience here.

The rain let up a bit around lunchtime so, I checked out, stored my luggage and walked around the village, studying the architecture and color of Marstrand. The carved details and the colors chosen are what really give it texture. Much of the detail looks familiar but, you may not have realized that it originated in Southern Sweden. As an American, I always find it fascinating when I discover the origins of some design elements that seem so apart of we know as American.

This small area of Southern Sweden gave me insight into a bit more of my country’s culture by my finding out about more of it’s history.

I have discovered that my country’s culture is everywhere as we are everyone from everywhere.

When traveled to the airport’s hotel, in Landvetter, for the night. Our flight was the next morning and the airport is far from Marstrand.

Rob and I took a taxi into the city, with Charlotte. We had a wonderful meal with wine on a terrace in the middle of Goteborg. The rain had stopped and the evening was a bit chilly but a very nice one.

This had been a different Swedish experience for me. I love Stockholm, and always will but, the beauty of the Vastergotland has a special place in my soul.

392 km (244 miles) traveled