Day 1 - Arrival on Patong Beach

Phuket Travel Blog

I live in a city filled with high rise buildings and high human traffic and where the only forms of play I know are the futuristic shopping malls, artificial beaches and regulated nightlife. So when my boyfriend, who was separated from me by a few thousand miles for the last 6 months, suggested that I clear my 3 days off-in-lieu by meeting up with him in nearby Phuket for a romantic getaway (since it was low season and rates were further pushed down because of the civil unrest in Bangkok), I leaped for joy because I have never been.

We flew by Jetstar and arrived at 10.30 p.m on the first night. We had a free transfer by J.C Tour. back to our hotel at Royal Phawadee Village. They even send me a follow-up email after tour to solicit our feedback.

My choice of accommodation was based on several things:

1. Close to where all the happenings are (Patong Beach, Rat-U-Thit for all the restaurants, Bangla Road for the nightlife & Jungceylon Mall)
  2. Beautiful ambiance/Traditional Thai Resort Style
  3. Breath-taking views
  4. Comfortable Bed
  5. Includes buffet breakfast
  6. Below 70 USD a night
  7. Free Wi-Fi and Computers

You can read my full review here:

I wanted to spend all my energy enjoying Phuket and not fuss about transfers or worry about getting ripped off by the infamous taxi drivers, so I wanted to find a tour that took care of everything. I was about to book all my tours on when I decided to consult my friend first, and he said JC Tour offered much better deals. True enough they did. I paid around $300 USD for all of the following:

1. Roundtrip transfer from airport to hotel and vice versa
  2. Phi Phi Island By Speedboat
  3. Phuket Fantasea
  4. ATV + Elephant Trekking + Whitewater Rafting + Monkey and Elephant Show + Rubber Plantation Demonstration
  5. 2.5 Hours at Tarn Tara Spa
  6. Free Dinner at Phang Pong Seafood Restaurant
  7. James Bond Island (Where the awesome tour guide lead us away from the pack and brought us to a private beach! Sigh, this is what dreams are made of I'm telling ya.)
  8. Simon Cabaret

Stay tuned as chronicle my short but intense adventure at this island of smiles in the next few blog entries!

Phuket Hotels & Accommodations review
Beautiful Thai Resort on Patong Beach for an Affordable Price
We picked this hotel based on it's price ($62 USD if you book through Asia Web Direct), beautiful pictures and reviews from We were a… read entire review
42 km (26 miles) traveled